Saturday 18 February 2012

If there was a postion it would be FIRST!!!

Recently it was questioned if I was putting roller derby before my kids. This question is absurd, of course I'm not putting derby before my kids. I am insulted at the fact that someone would even question or rate the position of which I hold my kids.

I love roller derby it makes me happy for many reasons I get to hit people and its allowed hell it's encouraged perfect for a sometime rage-aholic like me, I also get some exercise, adult conversation, and time away from my kids! That's right I said it I enjoy something partly because it doesn't involve my kids and I'm not ashamed to admit it!!!

All the Reasons derby makes me a better mom:
1. I get to release pent up energy, anger, profanity
2. Time away makes going home so much more enjoyable
3. Even if I was to go to every practise it would still only take up 8-10 hours a week
4. Increased energy, motivation, and satisfaction in everything

All the reasons derby makes my kids better kids:
1. They learn that sports are healthy part of life
2. They learn Independence from mom
3. They have gained valuable bonds with family
4. They have a greater appreciation for moms crazy dancing and strange bedtime stories

All in all this is how I feel after a combined time of  16 1/2 months of pregnancy 74 1/2 hours of
labour 18 months breastfeeding and 3+ years of almost complete devotion and mostly good decisions I am entitled to a little time to my self and in that time I am going to do derby.

Further more its delusional of any person to even think that my children can be placed on any type of scale there is no corresponding number, letter or symbol to place in conjunction with my kids. My love has no beginning, my love has no end, no top or bottom, my love won't end.

http://youtu.be/BQYAIeq5_FY


And just one more rant. When you spend hours pushing my kids out your vagina feel free to make decisions on how, and who with their time is best spent.

2 comments: