Sunday 18 December 2011

Just beause no one wants to listen



Skating around the track brings me back to so many good memories of days spent at Rollerland trying to be cool. It reminds me of when i got my first pair of roller skates its all I wanted and asked for ever sure to my moms dismay. My mother being a single mom with little help I don't know how she managed to do it but for my 13th birthday I got them my roller skates I was so happy ecstatic as I was now part of an elite group of people how frequented who rollerland who had their own skates. My skates didn't look much like the others(boy) who had their own which resembled if I remember correctly something like a derby boot. Mine where white with pink laces and white wheels which were hard and even on the wood floor of the rink very slippery thus they were never used a sad thing now that I look back. Hence forth I will not let this be with my new skates I am going to use them till the boots wear holes and the grommets are gone and can hold no laces (even if I do have better new and shiny pair for actually using) I love my skates they represent more then just the non optional piece of equipment they are the cultivation of a dream from then and from now.

              
I was so sad when they closed those gates to skates

This pretty much what my first pair looked like


and now


No comments:

Post a Comment