Wednesday 21 December 2011

Everything Goes

Picture day is is coming up and there is talk amongst us fresh meat about our derby names (which I already have) and our persona. The chance to create who or what want to be in the derby world. This could be many a different things but what I have found is I just end up being me, who I am. I'm not worrying about watching my language or if my pants match my top or if my hair is done right or anything superficial something that outside of the derby has become increasingly hard for me. As I have grown and realised the judgemental nature of society being who I am is a mix of what is me and what is acceptable. Derby as far as looks are considered anything goes red socks with green shorts(orange shorts with red shirt lol) short shorts , long pants, skirts, panties, rips, face paint, no paint, rainbows, black, and of course glitter. I feel freed by the chance to express my glitter covered purple wearing bright colour loving self. A relief really to just put on what makes me happy say whats on my mind even if it is just for 2 hours a week. Derby goes against the norm the socially acceptable and gives opportunity to those who would normally not be given a second glance. Derby is a glance at what the world should be accepting of others  and working together for one common goal.



But don't get me wrong there are some issues but that's a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment