Tuesday 6 March 2012

Action Shots

First derby action shots are a treat. at first look all you see is vain, how your body looks what size it seems, and what exactly was your face doing.

At the second, third, and proceeding looks you see deeper looking into the picture not at it. Strategies come to life, faces turn into expressions of determination, and oh shit eyes. You see more then a rookie that just got knocked the fuck out you see them jumping up to catch the pack.

I have read more then one blog about the greatness of derby action shots and before seeing my own I cringed at the thought of being captured in my shitting in the woods pose. Then after many long hard looks I grew proud of my actions shots they no longer looked as if I was shitting in the woods, but a great derby stance.

So if you ever find your self looking at action shots and cringing try looking past the surface see into the picture and feel the moment, the adrenaline, the awesomeness of everything captured in that 4x6 freeze frame. Be grateful and say thank you to the people who are gracious enough to give you frozen moments in time whether they be good or bad be grateful, look back and learn from these.



Pictures Thanx to Richard Lowes I am forever grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment